- Also fits early Cal, Cheoy Lee, Columbia, Ericson, Formosa, Force 50, Frers, Hinkley, Islander, Swan, Tayana, Valiant and many other pre-’85 production boats. Please inquire.
- Since 2005, hundreds sold, thousands of ocean miles sailed…and not a single parts failure!
- Aluminum/Chrome Bronze/Stainless parts
- A true self tailing winch conversion
- Multi-position stripper arm
- Adjustable aluminum line jaws.
- Precision machined parts
- Stainless steel locking winch handle extension
- Installs easily in minutes
- No special tools or drum modification required (exception – #35)
- Maintenance free
- Tested on the San Francisco Bay for over 8 years
Thank you so much for the help converting my winches. I have put over 20,000 sea miles down on them and cannot be more pleased. I have no idea what the cost would have been to buy already made self tailing winches size 35 and I have no idea what it would have been like all those miles doing it the old fashioned way. I am truly grateful and am sending you some photos to show how well they have held up all these years. Thanks so much…
S/V Wayward Wind
Good Morning David,
Winchmates are on the boat…! No problems for the assembling: fifteen minutes for each. They seem really very high quality.
MONTHOU SUR BIEVRE
I’ve fit the conversions and gone out sailing a couple of times. They work exactly as promised and have even impressed my wife—no mean feat. Thank you for all your help during the process. The use of a single fiber washer on each winch was just right to make it all work. Great idea.
If you have enquiries from anyone in the Boston area I’d be happy for you to put them in touch with me so they can see the units.
They work spectacularly! I’ve been in many conditions now, some quite windy, and they bite every time and I don’t notice a bit of drawback. Thanks again for helping me get those onto my boat. They’ve made single handing and crewed sailing much more enjoyable.
I think this product is fantastic, and appreciate two things the most as an industrial engineer and boat rebuilder/cruiser the leverage of mechanical invention and strength of your design , and the personal approach. I attached a photo of our 1979 45 Explorer off the coast of Southern California for your viewing.
We really love the new winchmates , They work great! Rolling up the jib and tacking was so much easier with just the 2 of us !
And they do LOOK awesome!
So far I am really impressed with the quality and the look and I am very excited to get them onto my boat. We are on a C&C 38 that we are bringing back to life and this just lets us free up a little extra to invest in other areas of the boat.